Club News and Notices
• Huge Congratulations to the 7 London marathon runners, with PB's for Nigel, Karl, Bruce and first time finishes for Nathan, Nikki and Bev!
• Congratulations also to Scott on breaking 3 hours for the first time at Brighton Marathon!
• Purbeck walk 2013 - the walk this year is on Sunday April 28th, starting at 10am from Corfe Castle, in the lay-by on the Church Knowle road at the bottom of the hill coming from Wareham. The walk will be around 15 miles with an option to return to Corfe by train or bus at the half way point. Bring a packed lunch and plenty to drink. Lets hope for better weather than last year. Please contact Dave Rabjohns or Tony Scott if you intend to walk or would like any more information.
• Membership is now due for 2013, please fill out a membership form even if you're an existing member to make sure we have up-to-date details for you!
• The 2013 Club Championships are well underway following the Junction Quarter, Blackmore Vale Half Marathon and March Hare - Check out the full list of races here! Don't forget the Summer Time Trials at Upton House starting on 3rd May
• Bournemouth Marathon Festival If you haven't already, check out the brand new Bournemouth Marathon Festival, there are 5 races to choose from over the weekend of October 5/6 3013, from 5k through to full marathon. There's already a lot of interest, and it's set to be a massive event for the area!
• Bruce and Lee were drawn out of the hat first in the London Marathon ballot and take the two club places, reserves are Joy and Sian.
• Fancy a free timed 5k? Why not try the Poole Park run on a Saturday morning? Just register on the parkrun site, print off a barcode and turn up at the cricket pavilion for a 9am start - no need to enter! (Also gets a club championship race under your belt!)